The Digital Transformation Manifesto
We have collectively spent decades in the non-technology sector and our experience has shown us that the solution that every industry is looking for is very similar and transcends industries, sectors, and domains. Ultimately, this is the battle for survival in a new world where the rules of engagement have changed and tactics and techniques of the previous decades are meaningless and almost dangerous.
Enterprises are looking for solutions that make them more agile, efficient and effective. Enterprises want to better understand their users, they want to better leverage their data to make better decisions and help their customers make better decisions. They want to fix their broken processes, manual touch points and decisions processes that are too slow to organize for and are slowed by analysis paralysis.
What does Digital Nirvana look like? In the Digital Utopia,
- The enterprise has a catalog of services
- The catalog of services is easily discoverable and searchable.
- The services are modular and individually developed, deployed and accessed.
- The services are fronted by RESTful APIs
Reusable Software Modules
- The enterprise has a library of capabilities in the form of software modules
- These modules represent reusable software
- The enterprise has a collection of platform services such as authentication, logging, entitlements, and monitoring.
- The enterprise has an internal central location for its Digital Assets (APIs, Apps, Bots etc).
- The enterprise has a data repository that contains clean, curated and high-quality data that represents the entire business value chain.
- The data repository is smartly organized for each search, discovery, and usage of data.
- The enterprise has access to an analytical environment with bandwidth to move data from systems of record and collection mechanisms to the analytical environment.
- The enterprise has the ability to analyze its data, publish insights and share/collaborate.
- The enterprise has access to an on-demand infrastructure capability including network, storage and compute.
- The enterprise has access to high-quality developers who can leverage data, infrastructure, compute, platform services, software code modules, services, APIs to create new value generating applications.
- The enterprise has access to a feedback loop built through interface instrumentation.
- The enterprise has the ability to scale in its ability to listen, observe and service customers.
- The enterprise has the ability to understand, track and monitor the products and services it is trying to sell, has sold or needs to resell.
- The enterprise has the ability to monetize its digital assets.
- The enterprise has the ability to easily organize into task forces/teams/projects to achieve key goals.
Communication & Collaboration
- The enterprise has the ability to communicate instantly in twos or multiple member groups.
- The enterprise has the ability to deliver information and insights across multiple channels without requiring human/employee intervention.
- The enterprise has the ability to deliver information and insights through programmatic mechanisms to enable users to build insightful applications.
- The enterprise has the ability to deliver information and insights through analytical data sets and visualizations
Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- The enterprise has the ability to transform its data into predictive models that can use collected data to predict/classify new signals.
- The enterprise has the ability to drive recommendations and notifications to its employees and users.
Regulations & Compliance
- The enterprise has the ability to detect and react to risk and ensure that it is always compliant with industry and government regulations.
- The enterprise has the ability to secure customer and user data at all times.
- The enterprise has the ability to connect with and enable other enterprises to partner with it on jointly delivering new value propositions or creating new business models.
- The enterprise has the ability to track and react to market, industry, macro economic, micro economic, internal and partner activity and events.
- The enterprise has the ability to swiftly understand and address customer service issues, complaints, feedback, and concerns.
Reliability & Resiliency
- The enterprise has the ability to deliver its products and services reliably with resiliency, efficiency, and effectiveness.